Over 1.1 million managers chose to wildcard last week, and thanks to the results of the weekly polls, this included our very own Undrafted squad. So now it’s time for the GW4 review of our team, plus a few talking points from the weekend’s fixtures, and two polls to help decide the Undrafted teams captain & bench fodder for GW5.
- The template team breakup: It felt like the changing of the guard in terms of the template team in FPL this week. Both Ronaldo & Lukaku bagged a brace, which helped both sides of the debate. And although Fernandes scored a goal, it felt like his last hurrah as a major fantasy asset.
- West Ham dilemma: Antonio’s sending off, Benhrama substituted after 62 minutes, plus the upcoming Europa league schedule mean that West Ham assets pose more of a risk going forward. Stick or twist?
- Mid-priced Striker Roulette: DCL is out for the rest of September. Ings has a few tough fixtures coming up. Antonio is out of the next fixture and now has to juggle the Europa league. Leeds & Wolves now have positive fixtures swings which bodes well for Bamford & Jimenez. All this means there are changes needed in the forward positions for most fantasy managers.
- The rise of the Enablers: Livramento (4.1m), Duffy (4.2m), Gray (5.7m), Gallagher (5.6m), & Doucoure (5.5m) have all made strong cases to justify their permanant inclusion in our squads to help free up funds for the big hitters. Odegaard (5.5m), Smith-Rowe (5.3m) & Williams (4.0m) may follow suit.
- Wolves: Wolves 2-0 victory helped show how useful underlying stats are at projecting future outcomes. 3 loses and no goals before this fixture put many managers off, but I was bullish on their clean sheet potential and they came good, so far.
Undrafted team’s GW4 Review
Gameweek 4 Score: 67
- We chose the correct captain in Ronaldo, who grabbed a brace & 3 bonus points for 26 points total.
- Trent notched his second double-digit haul in four GW’s, which helps justify his Safe Bet selection.
- Although Jota didnt produce an attacking return, he could have easy had a double digit GW. All the signs look like he could be in for a big few weeks.
- Shaw got his first assist of the season and already looks to have a good understanding with Ronaldo.
- In total, 5 of our players returned, which is the minimum aim each week.
- Mason Mount suffered at the hands of Tuchel Turnstiles and has now dropped 0.1m in value. But he was a long-term pick, so I’m not too worried about that for now.
- Eric Dier went off injured after 10 minutes against Crystal Palace which gave us a measly point and an injury headache.
- Antonio got sent off in stoppage time for a -1 return. But with his ownership over 50%, that didn’t hurt us too much.
- Traore had yet another ‘all fart and no poo’ performance. He was our risky punt based off great fixtures and underlying stats, so let’s see how he faires over the next few weeks.
We are rolling the transfer this week, so have two decisions we need your help with:
- Who to Captain? Salah at home to Crystal Palace or Ronaldo away to West Ham.
- Who to Start? Allan away to Aston Villa or Williams at home to Watford.